Rosie Berrido and Noelle Mauri
Pablo García Gámez
Victor Hugo Grajales
Haydn Díaz and Gabriel García
(The forgotten ones)
Performed in Spanish with English Supertitles.
Isolated from the world, lovers Estela and Luna live in an undefined time and space. They celebrate their usual riritual (drinking coffee and preparing food) while one of them struggles with Alzheimer’s. Estela has forgotten her history while Luna tries to forget. Through drawings, colors and poetry, Estela reconstructs a past in which they were marginalized by their ideals and preferences. Among many things, this is a play about memories: the ones that we fight to conserve, and the ones we desperately want to forget. Winner of the first edition of FUERZAfest, New York city’s first-ever Latino LGBTQ Festvial, organized by The Hispanic Federation.
FUERZA Awards 2016
- Best Production
- Best Actor – Sandor Juan.
- Best Actress – Rosie Berrido.
- Best Director -Diego Chiri.
- Abniel Marat Award – Best Playwright- Pablo García Gámez..
HOLA Awards 2017
- Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor- Rosie Berrido.
- Outstanding Achievement in Directing- Diego Chiri.
- Outstanding Achievement in Playwrighting- Pablo García Gámez.